Account Manager, Life Science (France)
Account Manager – Life Science
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-known, reputable life-science company who are world leaders in what they do. They manufacture and supply high quality Life Science Reagents including antibodies, ELISA development kits, custom proteins and other related regents. Their clients are world leading Academic/Research institutions and Pharma/BioPharma/Biotech’s.
They are now looking for an Account Manager to focus on their customers in France. This is a field based, customer facing position and will involve up to 60-80% travel. When not travelling they would ideally like the person to spend some time in their Paris office but are flexible on this depending on the location of the successful candidate. A typical interaction with a prospect customer would be to understand their research and their requirements around it and then to introduce to them the relevant products that the company can provide. The focus will be to develop existing customers but there will be some new business activities involved.
Role Key Objectives:
- Playing an important part in ensuring the overall sales target is met each financial year
- Retaining and growing existing accounts and relationships and to develop new relationships which will result in new business
- Develop an understanding of the territory and target the key accounts
- To make a minimum of 5 quality meetings each day
- Ensuring excellent communication with clients via telephone, email and face to face visits.
- Going forward this role may develop into a more managerial position, this will involve the supervision of junior members within the sales team
- Assist and attend where necessary any relevant industry conferences and exhibitions
- Good time management – Ensuring tasks are completed within the expected time frame
- Good product knowledge – Knowing what separates the company’s products from its competitors and informing the customers of these advantages
- Closing of sales opportunities and working within the company’s ethos and culture
- Previous field sales experience involving life science products, preferably 1 years plus
- BSc, MSc OR PhD in a life science related subject
- Full UK driver’s licence
- To be based in/near Paris but happy to consider suitable candidates across France
- Company car
·Commission:20% of base salary on meeting annual targets
·Generous benefits package
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor