Analytical Chemist (Night Shift)
Analytical Chemist (Night Shift)
Location – Suffolk
Sector – Food + Beverage
Shift – Monday to Thursday – 20:45 – 06:15
Contract – Full time and permanent
Salary - £25,000 - £28,000 basic + c£6,000 shift allowance.
Our client is a specialist flavours and fragrance company that focus on the development, manufacture and supply of flavour and fragrance ingredients. Based in Suffolk, they are an innovative company who are now looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic Analytical Chemist to join their team on a full-time and permanent basis. Whether you are a strong analytical chemist graduate, with an interest in working on the development and manufacturing of flavour or fragrances, or have previous industry experience, this represents a great opportunity to further your career.
This is a role for individuals who have recently graduated in a subject related to chemistry, or those who have previous experience in distillation or general analytical chemistry within an industrial environment. As an Analytical Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- The creation of distillate blends, analysing fractions and supporting the bulking, planning and manufacturing departments.
- Receiving of distillate samples.
- Running of samples on a variety of analytical equipment (GC-MS, GC-FID, titrations, wet chemistry, physical property analysis e.g. Optical rotation + density)
- Making trail distillation blends and offering suggestions on scale up / bulking.
- Troubleshooting issues with distillation and the associated tasks.
- Stock management and maintenance.
- Being independent whilst working overnight shifts.
- You will be required to maintain high safety standards whilst maintaining a clean and safe working environment and following SOPs.
- You will learn to write SOPs and procedures too.
Skills and Experience Needed
Suitable Applicants will have:
- A degree related to Chemistry or the food industry, and ideally experience in trial blending/distillations (essential – those without a degree, but with chemistry laboratory experience will also be considered)
- Strong technical understanding of various analytical techniques including: gas chromatography (GC-MS, GC-FID), HPLC, titrations, optical rotation, density, refractive index (essential)
- The ability to work individually or as part of a team (essential)
- The ability to follow instructions / standard operating procedures (SOPs) (essential)
- The ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical issues relating to the lab/distillation (essential)
- A strong passion for the food, flavour and fragrance industry (essential)
- A get-up and go attitude to work, with the ability to suggest new ideas and desire to progress their career (essential)
- A willingness to work night shifts (essential), prior night shift experience (desired).
- Previous experience in the flavours and fragrance industry (desired)
As an industry leader, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.
If you would like to apply, or if you have any questions, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577 or email@example.com