Applications Specialist - electron microscopy sector
Product Sector: Electron Microscopy
Location: Sussex (with 20-25% travel)
Our client is a well-established name within the field of electron microscopy. Based at their Head Office in the South East of England they are looking for an enthusiastic Applications Specialist to support internal product development, external customers with technical support & training as well as attending exhibitions and trade shows to help promote the business.
As a product expert, the successful candidate will take on the role of a Product Expert for the organisation; being the go-to person for internal staff and external customers on any questions they have over the capabilities of their instrumentation. Many of the company’s clients are working at the forefront of technologies and require advice and support on being able to analyse new and novel materials or use their systems for applications that have never been tried before. Therefore this role would suit an innovative researcher who thrives on troubleshooting issues and problems and has a deep sense of commitment to resolving challenges.
The role of an Applications specialist will involve:
- Being the first point of contact for customers to resolve and technical issues with their instrumentation
- Advise customers on methodologies for novel applications
- Provide customer training
- Train internal sales/support/service team
- Support New Product Development Engineers with suggesting product improvements and carrying out robust testing of prototypes (this will include routine testing and analysis of samples)
- Attending global conferences and exhibitions on behalf of the company and present white papers and posters focused around new and novel methodologies
Whilst mainly office based, there will be some travel involved so a UK driving license would be useful (although isn’t essential). Travel will often be international so this will include some nights away from home (expected travel 20-25%).
The successful candidate will be a highly experience electron microscopist. They will have several years hands-on experience of sample preparation for electron microscopy as well as being highly experience with physical and chemical analytical tools associated with electron microscopy. They must be an excellent communicator (oral and written) and will enjoy customer contact, networking at events and giving presentation and talks at events.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor