Applications Specialist - life science instrumentation
Products: Life Science Instrumentation (high-throughput/automation/robotics)
Location: South/Central England preferred
Territory: UK wide
Our client is a leading name in Life Science Instrumentation and due to strong growth they are looking to expand their Applications team to support customers throughout the UK. They are looking for a customer focused; enthusiastic Life Scientist who will join an expanding, dynamic commercial and customer service team who provide first class support to customers throughout the UK.
Working as an Applications Specialist your main responsibilities will be:
• Application support and troubleshooting – customers are mainly within the academic, biotech & Pharma sector
• Product Training (customers & internal staff)
• Field based support with customers on troubleshooting assays/technical issues
• Field based support with customers to optimisation processes/procedures and writing of application notes
• Pre-sales product demo’s (meetings and seminars)
• Support of Windows and in-house software (troubleshooting and integration)
• To support the continual development of the product range
This role would be an ideal fit for a degree qualified life scientist (higher qualification preferred but not essential) with proven hands-on post-study lab experience within a relevant life sciences discipline. The successful candidate will have excellent practical knowledge of high-throughput assays, automation and robotics and associated Fluorescence / Luminescence / Absorbance etc. assays techniques.
You will be fluent in English (written and oral) with excellent communication & presentation skills. You will be people orientated and will enjoy training others.
Candidates will have a full driving license and must be happy with extensive UK travel which may involve occasional overnight stay’s.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
Tel: 0161 300 9326