Assay Development Scientist
Assay Development Scientist (12 month FTC)
Sector – Drug Discovery
Location – Cambridge
Our client is a Cambridgeshire based Drug Discovery company who specialise in the development of treatments for cancer, neurodegenerative and other diseases. An opportunity has become available for an Assay Development Scientist to join the company on a 12-month contract to support during a period of maternity leave.
The main purpose of the role is to work with the Assay Development team responsible for screening compounds using biochemical assays to support company projects and objectives. Along with evaluation of compounds you will also be responsible for the development and trouble-shooting of Biochemical and cellular assays.
Suitable applicants will have:
· Experience with the development of biochemical and cellular-screening assays
· Previous industry experience working within drug discovery
· Strong experience in protein purification and molecular biology techniques (e.g Western blotting, SDS-Page)
· Experience with tissue/cell culture
· A PhD in a relevant biological or drug discovery discipline plus additional industry or post-doctoral experience OR a BSc/MSc with equivalent industry experience in biotechnology or drug discovery.
In return, my client offers the opportunity to work within a dynamic research team for an initial 12-month fixed term contract. Salary package will be competitive an dependent on experience.
If you match the above requirements then please apply online or contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email@example.com , for further information.