Biochemical Engineer (Upstream Processing)
Our client is an Oxfordshire based biotechnology company who are focused on the development of novel therapeutics for cancer treatment. Continuing their successful growth, my client is now seeking a Biochemical Engineer to support primarily with upstream processing but also downstream processing of viral vector manufacture.
The position in a newly created role to act as the technical lead on bioprocess engineering.
· Take the lead on the development and optimisation of upstream and downstream processing.
· Evaluate process options in order to transition processes from laboratory to pilot plant scale
· Act as lead in the development and scale-up of bioreactor projects
· Supervision of a small team of process scientists
Suitable applicants will have;
· Previous industry experience working in the development and optimisation of processes of microbial biomass for recovery of recombinant proteins.
· Experience transferring processes from lab to pilot plant scale
· Previous experience working in upstream processes. Knowledge of downstream processing
· Good knowledge of cell culture and viral vector manufacture.
· Able to lead a small team on development projects.
· Educated to a degree level (or equivalent experience) in a bioengineering discipline with good understanding of engineering principles in industry.
· Excellent attention to detail and organised and methodical approach to work.
In return our client offers an opportunity to join a developing team offering a permanent position with a competitive salary (dependent on experience) plus attractive benefits package
For additional information or to submit an application please contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org