Bioinformatics Data Scientist
Bioinformatics - Data Scientist
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Bioinformatics team as a Bioinformatics Data Scientist. This is the ideal position ff you are looking to work on exciting drug discovery projects and analyse for biomarker discovery/validation.
This is a role for experienced Data Scientists who are looking for a challenging role where they will be responsible for developing ways to analyse internal and external omics data. You will use data analysis skills to validate and identify biomarkers in both diseased and non-diseased studies. This role will require working alongside team members and external collaborators and is a full-time and permanent opportunity.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s – Ideally focused around biomarkers for disease.
- Strong understanding and experience in omics (proteomics, metabolomics, genomics, transcriptomics) data integration and use of various data sources.
- Expertise in bioinformatics analysis software such as GeneData, Bioconductor, Expressionist etc.
- Understanding and experience of automatic data analysis tools.
- The ability to work as a team or individually.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to email@example.com