Chemical Analyst - Night Shift
Chemical Analyst – Night Shift
Location – Suffolk
Sector – Food + Beverage
Our client is a specialist flavours and fragrance company that focus on the development, manufacture and supply of flavour and fragrance ingredients. Based in Suffolk, they are an innovative company who are now looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic Process Analyst to join their team on a full-time and permanent basis. Whether you are a strong analytical chemist graduate, with an interest in developing flavour or fragrances, or have previous industry experience, this represents a great opportunity to further your career.
This is a role for individuals who have recently graduated in a subject related to chemistry, or those who have previous experience in distillation and bulking of flavour and fragrance products. As a Process Analyst, you will be responsible for the running of trial distillation blends, analysing fractions and supporting the bulking, planning and manufacturing departments. You will also be responsible for offering suggestions on bulking of blends. You will be required to maintain high safety standards whilst maintaining a clean and safe working environment and following SOPs. You will learn to write SOPs and procedures too.
This role is based on a night shift pattern, working Monday-Thursday between 22:00 and 06:30.
Skills and Experience Needed
Suitable Applicants will have:
- A degree related to Chemistry or the food industry, and ideally experience in trial blending/distillations.
- A strong passion for the food, flavour and fragrance industry.
- Strong technical understanding of various analytical techniques including: GC-MS, HPLC etc.
- The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- A get-up and go attitude to work, with the ability to suggest new ideas and desire to progress their career.
- Previous experience in the flavours and fragrance industry is desired, but not essential.
As an industry leader, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.