Location – Cambridge
Sector – Biotechnology
Salary – £24,000 - £28,000
Full time, permanent role
Do you have prior experience working within a cleanroom environment? We are currently offering the opportunity for a scientist to join an innovative biotechnology company based in Cambridge. Our client is seeking a new hard-working individual to support their manufacturing team.
This is an opportunity for an individual who holds a BSc/MSc in a Biological discipline and prior cleanroom experience.
PhD / Postdoc level applicants will not be considered for this role. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
As a Scientist within the gene / DNA manufacturing team, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting DNA/RNA/gene manufacturing projects within a cleanroom.
- Ensuring all cleanroom areas are kept clean by sanitising and sterilising equipment and surfaces.
- Maintaining all QMS documentation & creating / updating SOPs
- Monitoring and keeping stock inventory at optimal levels. This will include all PPE, consumables and reagents.
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BSc/MSc/equivalent work experience in a biological discipline (essential)
- Prior cleanroom experience within a biological laboratory (essential)
- Existing UK work eligibility (essential)
- Previous experience conducting environmental monitoring (temperature / humidity / pressure) within a cleanroom (desired)
- Prior work experience within an ISO or GMP accredited environment (desired)
- Previous handling of documentation/processes using a Quality Management System (QMS) (desired)
As an up-and-coming Cambridge Biotech, our client is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package including private pension and private health insurance.