Client Development Executive
Client Development Executive
Discipline: Medical Information/SaaS to the Pharma and Medical sectors
Location: SW London/Surrey
Salary: competitive salary plus bonus (£50-60K ote)
An exciting expansion opportunity with a market leading organisation for a commercially aware scientist with a background in Sales/Business Development. This is an exciting time to join the organisation who has seen strong growth and have developed several new products that represent ideal opportunities to x-sell to the existing customer base. You’ll have strong support mechanisms within the role and will have access to industry leading Sales and Marketing tools to help you reach your potential and exceed sales targets.
Working from the company’s offices in Surrey with occasional visits to customers, this role will be working within a successful commercial team who provide vital and innovative solutions to Pharma organisations and Healthcare professionals. The position will focus on developing new opportunities with either x-selling to existing customers or developing new prospective clients from lead generation through to closing the sale. It would suit a degree qualified scientist with proven commercial experience who is looking to secure an exciting new role with a market leader who provide vital solutions to clinicians and pharmaceutical professionals.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Prospecting for new business via phone, email and face to face activities
- Manage customer relationships to enhance business relationships and secure/improve revenue
- Own all aspects of the sales process from lead identification, negotiating contracts/licences and closing
- Focus on targeting recurring annual revenue streams with new customers
- Effective use of CRM to record all sales activities
- Work closely with technical support teams to provide excellent aftersales support to customers
Skills & Expertise:
- Preferable two years’ experience in a commercially focused role (ideally within the Scientific/Pharma/Medical sector)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in a relevant scientific or medical discipline
- Knowledge of the UK Pharma/Life Science and/or Regulatory sectors
- Strong presentation skills and skilled with PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate at all levels within a business from junior staff to Senior Executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong client facing skills
This role will be mainly office based with some clients visits so a UK driving license would be highly desirable. Although mainly office based there may be occasional needs for overnight stays when attending events/exhibitions or when visiting regionally based clients.
Our client is offering a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, success orientated individual looking to make their mark in a commercial scientific role. They are offering an attractive salary plus uncapped and lucrative bonus scheme that will reward individuals for success and achievement.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor:
Tel: 0161 300 9326 / 07798 868198