Computational Chemical Biologist
Computational Chemical Biologist – Drug Discovery
Our client is an international leader in small molecular drug discovery and development. Working in a range of therapeutics areas they utilise their extensive experience to drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic.
An opportunity is available for an experienced Computational Chemical Biologist with a passion for cross-domain data science. The role will be working within the Research Informatics team to support in the discovery and development of new therapeutics for the treatment of human disease.
Core responsibilities will include:
· Design and analysis of chemogenic libraries screens
· Support with the development of tools to build disease models and mechanistic models
· Analysis of models for knowledge gaps and potential therapeutic intervention strategies
· Presentations at scientific conferences and journal publications.
Suitable applicants will be expected to have:
· PhD or equivalent experience in chemical biology, systems biology, cheminformatics, bioinformatics or a related subject
· Strong coding ability in Python and/or R.
· Experience of handling chemical and biological data for chemogenomics/chemical probes
· Experienced in the development and analysis of biological models
· Familiarity with transcriptomics, proteomics and/or high content imaging data
· Experience with the development of web app platforms (e.g. using Dash or RShiny) would be an advantage
· Strong communication skills
My client offers a permanent position based at my clients Oxfordshire facility. Other locations can be considered across Europe dependent on circumstances.
A competitive salary package and benefits is available which will dependent on experience
For additional information or to apply, please contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org