CryoEM Research Scientist
Location – Oxfordshire
Sector – Pharmaceutical Drug Discovery
Our client is a global drug discovery & development company and due to continued company expansion they are now seeking an experienced CryoEM Research Scientist to join the Oxfordshire facility.
This role will be within the Structural Biology team and will support with the Cryo-EM knowledge to support structure-based Drug Discovery projects. You will work with protein production and the crystallography team to develop and maintain the CryoEM processing pipeline and support with management of computation data.
Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate:
· A strong knowledge of protein biochemistry and construct design
· Experience with CryoEM and high-resolution data collection
· Familiarity with scripting languages
· Experience with CryoEM data processing software (Relion, CryoSPARC and Chimera)
The following experience would be beneficial:
· Experience with Biophysical techniques (X-ray crystallography, XCHEM, DSF, ITC, MS)
· Experience on working with multiple projects to demanding deadlines
· PhD in Structural Biology, Computation Science, Biophysics or similarly related discipline
· Experience of python, SQL, Django, angular, HTML, CSS
This is a permanent opportunity offering the ability to work within exciting areas of drug discovery. The role offers a competitive annual salary (dependent on experience) with an attractive benefits package