Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery / IT / Data Engineering
Our client is an innovative scientific research company. They collaborate with a range of drug development companies to help bring novel medicines to the next stage of development. As such, they are involved in bioinformatics and data science and are looking to expand their team of Data Engineers. If you’re looking to work in a collaborative and team-focused environment and want to step-up your career in data engineering, this could be the role you’ve been looking for.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity for Data Engineers who have had some industry exposure. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of systems that enable the analysis of sizeable and complex data. You will be involved in developing pipelines for data extraction and will be exposed to several new/upcoming technologies. To ensure the success of projects, there will be a good deal of communication between Data Scientists, Data engineers and the software development teams.
Skills and Experience
The Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ideally 2-5 years of Data Engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of Python (Language of the data scientists)
- Expertise in database creation. Some examples: MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4J to name a few.
- Previous use of Spark or Hadoop would be advantageous.
- Familiarity of LINUX systems.
- The ability to work within an enthusiastic team of data scientists, engineers and software developers.
- UK work eligibility.
As this will be a role in an expanding company, my client is able to offer a salary of £40,000-£50,000, with the potential to grow organically with the business. They also offer a competitive benefits package.
If you would like to make an enquiry about the position, or would like to make an application, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577 or firstname.lastname@example.org