Sector: IT/Data Science/Drug Discovery
Our client is an innovative scientific research company. They collaborate with a range of drug development companies to help bring novel medicines to the next stage of development. As such, they are involved in bioinformatics and data science and are looking to expand their team of data engineers. If you’re looking to work in a collaborative and team-focused environment and want to step-up your career in data engineering, this could be the role you’ve been looking for.
This is a full-time and permanent position within an exciting company. This is a position for experienced data scientists with a background in developing data extraction pipelines. As a Data Engineer, you will be developing systems suitable for large and complex data set analysis. You will also package data models and algorithms and integrate new solutions into existing pipelines. Working within the informatics branch, you will regularly interact with data scientists, bioinformaticians and software developers to design bespoke solutions.
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Several years’ data engineering experience after graduation in an IT related or scientific discipline.
- Python expertise; this is the data scientists’ tool of choice.
- Strong experience in data base creation e.g. no-SQL and relational
- Proven experience in data extraction, pipeline construction and ETL. (Apache Kafka, microservices etc would be a bonus)
- Previous experience in Linux OS
- Proven ability to work well individually or in a team
- A bonus – knowledge of Hadoop, Spark or Scala.
As this will be a leading role in an expanding company, they are willing to offer a salary of £45,000 to £50,000 with the potential to grow organically with the business. They also offer a competitive benefits package.