Data Scientist Chemical Biology
Data Scientist – Chemical Biology
Seeking an experience Chemical Biologist with an interest in Data Science and ‘omics
Our client is an international leader in small molecular drug discovery and development. Working in a range of therapeutics areas they utilise their extensive experience to drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic.
An opportunity is available for an experienced Chemical Biologist to join the company and support with the development of automation processes for data mining within scientific literature. Fundamentally the role is to improve the efficiency of large-data processing to drive innovation and support scientific hypothesis generation.
Core responsibilities will include:
· Utilise natural language processing to text mine scientific literature (such as PubMed)
· Develop analysis and visualisation tools to determine insights from data generated
· Development of tools via web interfaces
· Presentations at scientific conferences and journal publications.
Suitable applicants will be expected to have:
· PhD or equivalent experience in chemical biology, systems biology, cheminformatics, bioinformatics or a related subject
· Previous experience within a data science role handling large data-sets
· Experience in the construction and analysis of biological network models
· Strong coding experience with Python and/or R.
· Experience with the development of web app platforms (e.g. using Dash or RShiny)
· Strong communication skills
My client offers a permanent position based at my clients Oxfordshire facility. Other locations can be considered across Europe dependent on circumstances.
A competitive salary package and benefits is available which will dependent on experience
For additional information or to apply, please contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com