Data Visualisation Scientist
Data Visualisation Scientist (12 month FTC)
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Bioinformatics team as a Data Visualisation Scientist on a 12 month fixed term contract. This is the ideal position if you are looking to work on exciting drug discovery projects and analyse for biomarker discovery/validation.
This is a role for experienced Data Scientists and bioinformaticians who are looking for a challenging role where they will be responsible for developing ways to visualise internal and external omics data to provide useful insights and push biomarker programmes forward. You will use data analysis skills to validate and identify biomarkers in both disease and non-disease studies. This role will require working alongside team members and external collaborators and is a full-time opportunity, initially on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s – Ideally focused around biomarkers for disease.
- Strong understanding and experience in omics (proteomics, metabolomics, genomics, transcriptomics) data integration and use of various data sources.
- Expertise in bioinformatics data visualisation is required
- Expertise in bioinformatics analysis software such as Python, GeneData, R, Bioconductor, Expressionist etc.
- Understanding and experience of automatic data analysis tools.
- The ability to work as a team or individually.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation, with a competitive salary and benefits package.