Director of Manufacturing (Molecular Biology)
Director of Manufacturing
Contract: Full-time and permanent (Monday to Friday)
Salary: Generous base salary, with benefits, bonus and share options.
Reporting to: CEO
Our client is an innovative biotechnology company based outside of the centre of Cambridge. They run their own gene therapy portfolio and have built a GMP platform to synthesise gene constructs which provides exciting possibilities for ensuring cheaper, faster and more accurate DNA / gene constructs than traditional plasmid-based methods. In a key phase of their development, our client is looking for an experienced Director of Manufacturing to oversee their planned expansion of this side of this business. This represents a great opportunity for an individual to make a large impact on meaningful life-sciences projects.
This is a senior opportunity for a highly experienced individual who has a proven record of driving biological manufacturing portfolios and overseeing technology transfer programmes. As a Director of Manufacturing, you will be responsible for:
- Continuing the expansion and development of manufacturing processes and frameworks across this section of the business.
- Leading and overseeing technology transfer from the research and development and manufacturing science and technology (MSAT) teams.
- Overseeing process validation activities within the manufacturing team.
- Providing leadership to the manufacturing and quality assurance teams.
- Growing and motivating the manufacturing team to support overall business goals.
- Oversee manufacturing facility maintenance and ensure GMP compliance.
- Collaborating with the QA Team to push towards gaining GMP accreditation for the site and products.
- Liaising with external partners and customers for complex projects relating to synthetic DNA and IND submissions.
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BSc / MSc / PhD in Biology (or equivalent biological degree) (essential)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a biological manufacturing setting (CMC / protein production / cell biology / biological therapeutics manufacturing) with GMP or GCP accreditation (essential)
- Excellent leadership skills and experience (essential)
- Proven expertise in leading manufacturing process development activities including scale-up, regulatory submissions, analytical characterisation (essential)
- Proven experience in managing large and complex projects within the biological sector. (essential)
- Extensive knowledge of GMP / GCP / GLP / CMC guidelines (desired)
- Strong business acumen (essential)
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
- Have great attention to detail (essential)
- Have great organisational and planning skills (essential)
As an up-and-coming Cambridge Biotech, our client is able to offer a competitive salary, progression options and benefits package including private pension and private health insurance.
If you would like to apply to this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to Charlie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org – alternatively, please call Charlie on 07903 204577.