DNA Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician (DNA)
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Work Hours: 40 hrs a week, Monday to Friday (09:00 – 17:30)
Our client is an innovative biotechnology company based outside of the centre of Cambridge. They have built a platform to synthesis DNA which provides exciting possibilities for ensuring cheaper, faster and more accurate DNA / gene constructs than traditional plasmid-based methods. They also support with AAV and Lipid-nanoparticle drug delivery projects. In a key phase of their growth, our client is looking to bring a Technician to their DNA and product development team on a full-time and permanent basis.
This is a junior opportunity for a Biological BSc, or lab apprenticeship holder who has strong pipetting skills and strong experience in using agarose gels. This is a support role as opposed to a full research role. As a DNA Laboratory Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the R&D and MSAT teams with DNA / RNA and new product development projects.
- Maintain the laboratory space through cleaning and inventory management.
- Safe preparation and storage of buffers and chemical solutions.
- Performing basic laboratory protocols including agarose gel electrophoresis and pipetting.
- Record scientific data in accordance with company policy.
- Attending company / team meetings.
- Additional responsibilities not included in this list.
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BSc in Biology OR a laboratory apprenticeship OR 1-2 years of prior laboratory experience (essential) – Please note that MSc students will not be considered for this position.
- Experience OR understanding of how to prepare laboratory buffers and reagents (essential)
- Prior experience in both micropipetting (micro litre to hundred millilitre scale) and agarose gel electrophoresis / SDS-PAGE (essential)
- Excellent attention to detail. (essential)
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually (essential)
- Experience working in an industrial biological laboratory (desired)
As an up-and-coming Cambridge Biotech, our client is able to offer a competitive salary, progression options and benefits package including private pension.
If you would like to apply to this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to Charlie Cox at email@example.com – alternatively, please call Charlie on 07903 204577.