DNA Purification Scientist
Location – Cambridgeshire
Sector – Biology
Salary – £25,000 - £33,000 dependent on experience
Full time, permanent role
Our client is a leading gene synthesis company based in Cambridgeshire, offering a research based opportunity in their synthetic DNA manufacturing team. This position is a great opportunity for someone to develop their existing laboratory skillset, working amongst multiple teams within the research and manufacturing departments. The role is well suited to individuals with previous industry experience in biology or chemistry laboratories, experience in working with DNA/protein purification systems, with at least a BSc in biochemistry or a related life science field.
This position is suitable for MSc graduates in biochemistry/molecular biology or a similar subject, with prior expertise in DNA purification and protein handling in a biology or chemistry laboratory environment. As a research associate, you will be responsible for the following:
- Working in the protein purification team, in both up- and downstream processes in manufacturing synthetic DNA,
- Execute high-quality projects according to project plans,
- Ensuring experimental data is analysed and interpreted effectively to detect and correct problems in experiments,
- Collaborating across disciplines to support the client’s R&D functions,
- Ensuring equipment is correctly operated and maintained, in accordance with SOPs and health and safety guidelines,
- Keeping detailed records of all experiments and results carried out in the laboratory.
Skills and Experience Needed
An ideal candidate will have:
- BSc or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related life science field,
- Previous industry experience working in a biology or chemistry laboratory,
- Expertise in using AKTA systems in protein purification,
- Proficiency in working with DNA and proteins,
- Experience in using biological analytical techniques, such as agarose gels, nucleic acid quantification techniques, SDS-PAGE, silver staining and western blotting,
- TFF system operation experience would be desirable,
- Skills in assay development.
Our client is offering this opportunity on a full-time, permanent basis. A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is offered.
Please contact Charlie Cox if you would like to apply to the opportunity, or if you have any questions. He can be reached on 07903 204577 or firstname.lastname@example.org