Location – Oxfordshire
Sector – Chemistry
Salary – £20,000 - £26,000
Full time, permanent role
Do you have a keen interest in the environment? Do you have a background in analytical chemistry? Our client is seeking a hard-working, professional individual to join their environmental laboratory chemistry team.
If you have experience working within analytical chemistry, or you are a graduate with a chemistry-based BSc/MSc and have completed an environmental-related lab project, this might be the perfect role for you.
As a Laboratory Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Independently performing analytical duties in a high-throughput environment using analytical instruments,
- Adhering to UKAS and ISO 17025 standards for chemical analysis,
- Maintaining good laboratory practice at all times, following methods, SOPs, and regulations, maintaining equipment and safe working procedures,
- Ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements, ensuring PPE and safety equipment are used correctly and at all times, accidents and incidents are minimised.
Skills and Experience Needed
An ideal candidate will have:
- Must hold the right to work in the UK (Essential)
- Laboratory experience in analytical chemistry, specifically with analytical techniques such as ICP-MS, GC/GC-MS, LC/LC-MS, HPLC, etc (Essential)
- An interest in working in a lab role related to the environment (Essential)
- Hands-on lab experience within a UKAS or ISO 17025 accredited laboratory (Desired)
- Experience working in a high pressure, production-driven environment (Desired)
- Prior lab experience analysing organic samples, such as water and soil (Desired)
Our client is offering this opportunity on a full-time, permanent basis. The salary offered is between £20,000 - £26,000, with a competitive benefits package.