European Field Application Specialist, genetics
European Field Application Specialist
Products: NGS, Cytogenetics & Molecular Genetics
Location: UK home office based
Salary: 40,000 to £50,000 plus car allowance and bonus
Our client is a leading name in the provision of tools for genetic research and have built a reputation for supplying demand lead innovative products to meet the needs of clinicians and research scientists. They have invested significantly in new products and technologies and are seeing strong growth for their products and this is a newly created position will join an existing European Field Applications Team to support an ever increasing customer base. The person will be responsible for product support and customer training in Europe, for their NGS, cytogenetic & molecular genetic product range.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Train on cytogenetic & molecular genetic products at customer sites including laboratory work and software installation and training
• Train on Next Generation Sequencing products
• Provide ongoing technical support for existing customers
• Feedback information to Marketing and R&D teams to support new product development or innovations
• Extensively European travel to visit customers and attend appropriate exhibitions
• Work with the Marketing and Commercial teams to ensure the highest levels of customer service to existing services accounts
This is a key role within European for the Commercial team as it requires a great deal of customer interaction, scientific understanding and empathy with the needs of the clients.
Technical skills required:
• Knowledge of Cytogenetics, Molecular Biology, Array and
• Laboratory experience in molecular genetic techniques
• Well-developed communication skills
Previous Experience required:
• Experience in a wide range of cytogenetic/molecular genetic techniques
• Degree qualified (higher qualification preferred) in a relevant Life Science discipline plus several years post-graduation lab experience with the aforementioned techniques
This is a field based position covering the UK & Europe. There will be significant travel (about 60-70% of your working time) across UK & Europe and likely to be time away from home (probably 1-2 nights per week or equivalent). When not travelling, you will be working from a home office and the company will provide a full home office set-up. It is preferred that candidates are based close to an international airport offering good access to Europe.
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
Tel: 0161 300 9326