Flavourist - 12 month FTC
Flavour Scientist / Junior Flavour Scientist
Location – Bury St Edmunds
Sector – Food & Beverage
Contract Length – 12 month FTC maternity cover – possibility to extend
Salary: DOE – Up to £30,000
Our client is a specialist flavours and fragrance company that focus on the development, manufacture and supply of flavour and fragrance ingredients. Based in Bury St Edmunds, they are an innovative company who are now looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic Flavourist to join their team on a temporary basis - 12 month FTC. If you are a strong flavour developer looking for the next step in your career, this could be the position you have been looking for.
This is a role for individuals who hold a BSc or above in a food related degree and experience within the flavour and fragrances sector. As a Flavourist you will play a vital role in the development of new fragrance and flavour chemicals for use in food and beverages. You will develop new tonalities, keeping up to date with competitors and current market trends to evaluate and improve products created by the R&D teams. You will work alongside clients who require new flavour profiles, both internally and externally. This is initially a 12 month FTC acting as maternity cover, with a possibility to extend.
Skills and Experience Needed
Suitable Applicants will have:
- A degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other relevant field.
- A strong passion for the food, flavour and fragrance industry.
- Previous experience within flavour and fragrance development is essential. Blending and formulation are a must have.
- A passion for keeping up to date with flavour and fragrance market trends.
- The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external personnel.
- A get-up and go attitude to work, with the ability to suggest new ideas and desire to progress their career.
As an industry leader, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation with a competitive salary and benefits package.