Head of Gene Synthesis
Head of Gene Synthesis
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Salary: Up to £70,000 DOE
Our client is an innovative biotechnology company based outside of the centre of Cambridge. They have built a platform to synthesis DNA which provides exciting possibilities for ensuring cheaper, faster and more accurate DNA / gene constructs than traditional plasmid-based methods. In a key phase of their growth, our client is looking to onboard a highly experienced Gene Synthesis expert as their new Head of Gene Synthesis.
This is an opportunity for a highly experienced Scientist and Leader who has forged a career in Gene / DNA Synthesis who is looking to lead the development of novel gene synthesis and novel purification techniques. This opportunity will involve the following:
- Leading the development and implementation of novel DNA / Gene synthesis techniques
- Leading the development and implementation of novel gene purification techniques (AKTA / crossflow/tangential flow filtration)
- Supporting the scale and transfer of gene synthesis to my clients’ GMP platform.
- Taking a lead role in the manufacture of DNA / Genes, whilst collaborating with the R&D Teams.
- Overseeing a small team of scientists, delegating work etc.
- Planning and delivering business critical projects.
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BSc / MSc / PhD in a biological, chemical or biochemical setting (essential)
- Significant experience in leading DNA / Gene synthesis and purification (AKTA, crossflow and tangential flow filtration) projects at a high level (essential)
- Strong track record of leading projects which have had a significant positive impact on business (essential)
- Previous line management experience within a biotechnology / pharmaceutical setting (desired)
- Previous GMP experience (desired)
As an up-and-coming Cambridge Biotech, our client is able to offer a competitive salary, progression options and benefits package including private pension and private health insurance.
If you would like to apply to this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV to Charlie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org – alternatively, please call Charlie on 07903 204577.