Head of Translational Medicine
Lead of Translational Medicine
Location – Macclesfield / Alderley Edge
Sector – Drug Discovery and Translational Medicine
Salary: This is a highly senior role and so the salary range will vary depending on experience.
Our client is an innovative scientific research company. They collaborate with a range of drug development companies to help bring novel medicines to the next stage of development. Due to a huge funding boost and laboratory expansion, they are looking for an expert translational scientist to lead their translational medicine department as the Lead of Translational Medicine. Their experience lays within pre-clinical imaging (in vivo), cellular imaging (in vitro) and biomarker studies – bringing new medicines to market faster.
This is a full-time and permanent position within an exciting company. This is a highly unique position for a proven leader within translational drug research. As their Lead of Translational Medicine, you will be the main point of contact for the Leaders within the 3 branches of the translational team: pre-clinical imaging, cellular imaging and biomarker studies. You will drive current and new projects forward using a well-strung network built throughout your career. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and overseeing complex projects with multiple partners across a range of disease areas.
- Oversee the running of in vivo, in vitro and biomarker departments.
- Being a key part of driving new strategies within the translational medicine department.
- Injecting your own translational expertise to innovate existing and new project.
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Expertise in an area or multiple areas of in vivo, in vitro or biomarker translational medicine, with proven examples of high impact drug and/or diagnostics development.
- Proven experience in leading both translational science projects and line management.
- A career dedicated to drug development and/or diagnostics from bench to clinic to patient who still possesses the desire to push and innovate in these areas.
- A degree in a relevant, scientific subject.
- A strong background in one or several disease areas.
- Large scale omics data study experience would be an advantage.
As this will be a leading role in an expanding company, the salary range will vary depending on experience.
For more information about this opportunity - please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577 or email@example.com