Human Tissue Scientist / Senior Scientist
Scientist / Senior Scientist – Human Biological samples
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Salary - £32,000 - £45,000 depending on level of experience.
Contract – Full-time and permanent.
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to join their translational sciences team as a Scientist or Senior Scientist in charge of internal human biosample handling. If you are looking to work on exciting biosample projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
You will work on projects relating to internal handling of human biological samples and sourcing new bio samples from biobanks to supply the demand for various internal projects. This position is full-time, permanent and represents a fantastic opportunity to work in a collaborative environment on truly cutting-edge research. As a Scientist, or Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting and leading the provision of human biological samples (HBS) internally, ensuring they can be accessed by those who need them.
- Liaising with biobanks on behalf of internal research groups to ensure timely biosample delivery times.
- Scouting new potential sources of HBS.
- Track and procurement of samples according to internal processes.
- Ensuring internal and personal compliance with the Human Tissues Act (HTA) and other regulations.
- Occasional travel to Biobank sites within the UK
- Supporting in HBS laboratory work as and when required.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s within a biological discipline (Essential)
- A total of 4 years’ experience within the sector is ideal – this can include experience gained during academia (Ideal)
- Proven experience of communication with biobanks – this can be gained during a MSc or PhD (Essential)
- Proven understanding of the Human Tissues Act (HTA) (Essential)
- Experience in handling human biological samples – this can be gained during a MSc or PhD (Essential)
- The ability to project manage either individually, or as part of a team (Essential)
- A good ability to communicate via email, phone and in person (Essential)
- Prior hands-on experience of molecular biology or histochemistry (Desired)
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary (£32,000 - £45,000pa depending on experience level) and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org