Laboratory Health and Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager – Permanent
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Laboratory – Drug Discovery
Salary – Up to £50,000 DOE
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join them as a Health and Safety Manager. If you are an experienced health and safety professional with previous laboratory experience and NEBOSH diploma / CMIOSH, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
This is a full-time and permanent opportunity as a Health and Safety Manager within a laboratory setting (Biosafety Levels 2 and 3). It is a role for highly experienced Health and Safety professionals with a NEBOSH diploma / CMIOSH status and significant experience. As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all laboratory and additional office spaces adhere to the latest safety standards, promoting an environment that embraces Health and Safety. You will be in charge of the following:
- Overseeing all laboratory, warehouse, and general office facility Health and Safety activities.
- Ensuring my client adheres to health, safety and welfare in the workplace and laboratory and overseeing SHE inspections and waste management.
- Developing and implementing new health and safety plans for new BSL 2 and BSL 3 laboratories.
- Developing and maintaining Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Aiding in internal and external audits.
- Keeping up to date and incorporating the latest health and safety laws into existing policies.
- Conducting risk assessments, overseeing COSHH.
- Conductions accident investigations and promoting a positive health and safety culture.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- Several years of Health and Safety Management experience within a Laboratory setting, preferably a biological facility, and ideally a BSL 2 or BSL 3 laboratory.
- NEBOSH Diploma and/or Tech IOSH / CMIOSH status.
- COSHH Experience
- Previous experience in ISO 14001 and 45001 external auditing experience would be a bonus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for health and safety and a flexible approach to working hours.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation with a salary up to £50,000.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org