Location – Lancashire
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Laboratory Manager to join the company on a permanent basis and support the laboratory services within clinical samples management, analysis and delivery of services within genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, proteomics, biochemistry and immunology.
As the laboratory manager you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the laboratory and project teams within. You will take an active role in refining and improving laboratory processes, including process and equipment validation, while ensuring project delivery and compliance with quality standards.
Specific duties will include:
· Management of laboratory operations, processes, samples reception & handling
· Ensuring efficiency of laboratory functions and maintaining quality standards
· Delivering validation of processes and equipment
· Completion of laboratory reports and analytical information
· Taking an active role in the promotion of quality compliance and health & safety procedures
· Management of laboratory budget
· Recruitment, supervision and development of laboratory staff
Suitable applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
· Experience working within a Laboratory Management role which included management of laboratory operations and budget.
· Experience working within a quality driven laboratory with good knowledge of GLP, ISO standards (ISO 9001, ISO 17025, ISO 27001) and Health and safety practices.
· Experienced in process and equipment validation and commissioning.
· Strong knowledge one or more relevant scientific areas including; Biochemistry, genomic, metabolomics, transcriptomics and immunology
· Previous experience managing a laboratory team
In return, my client offers a permanent opportunity with a competitive salary package and benefits.