Laboratory Manager (12 month FTC)
Our client is a global biotechnology company specialising in the development of immunological products to diagnose and monitor patients with immunologically controlled diseases.
Our client is now seeking a Laboratory Manager to cover an initial 12 month maternity leave. The role will be responsible for the day to day management of a small team and will involve both hands-on laboratory functions as well as operational and personnel management:
Core responsibilities include:
- Workload management, allocation and ensuring samples are processed to specific timescales
- Ensuring laboratory compliance to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485/17025
- Maintain equipment and consumable supply to ensure laboratory efficiency
- Support with internal and external audits
- Proactively identify service improvements
The successful applicant will have previous management or supervisory experience along with:
- Previous industry experience within a manufacturing environment (ideally medical devices/diagnostics)
- Experienced working to GMP and ISO 13485, ISO 17025 & ISO 9001 standards.
- Knowledge of Molecular Biology/Cellular Biology/Immunology gained through academic research or industry exposure
- Ideally educated to a minimum of BSc in a biological discipline (or equivalent industry experience).
In return, my client offers a competitive salary package (dependent upon experience) plus excellent company benefits