Laboratory Technician - Microbiology
Location – Gloucestershire
Sector – Food Testing
Our client is a leading Food and Beverage contract research company, providing a range of services from manufacturing and product development to analysis of foodstuffs for various analytes. They are now looking for an enthusiastic A-level educated individual to join their Microbiology testing department as a Laboratory Technician on a permanent basis.
Please note: Our client is looking for A-Level or equivalent education level, university graduates will not be considered.
This position is aimed at scientifically minded A-Level (or equivalent) holders who are looking to begin a promising career within the food and drinks testing industry. This permanent laboratory technician role is based within a ACDP biohazard category 2 laboratory working within a friendly and functional team and includes various responsibilities:
· Sample reception
· Microbiological sampling of samples (bulk of the work)
· Confirming results
· Practical demonstrations of work during auditing
· Housekeeping duties
· Maintaining work records
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable Applicants will have:
· At least 2 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications in a Science related subject. University graduates will not be considered for this position.
· A strong ability to work within specified timelines.
· A proven ability to follow instructions in a methodical and organised manner.
· An enthusiasm for the food industry.
· A good level of computer literacy.
· Strong communication skills.
As a leading contract research food and beverage company, our client is providing a great opportunity to kickstart a microbiology career on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For additional information or to submit an application please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org