Laboratory Technician - UK DRIVING LICENCE
Laboratory Technician – FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED
Location – Burgess Hill
Sector – Biomedical / Cell banking
Salary – Competitive / Graduate
Contract – Permanent, full-time – shift based – rotating 8 hour shifts with on call periods which cover weekends and evenings.
Our client is a leading provider of cell banking services for stem cells to then be used later in life for personalised medicine. They receive human tissues (placenta and umbilical cord) and separate out high quality stem cells. They are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician on a full-time and permanent basis. If you are looking for a laboratory role within cell banking and human tissue handling, then this represents a great opportunity.
This is an opportunity open to Graduates who hold a BSc (or MSc) in Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry, or other related discipline. It would be best suited to someone who wants to settle into a lab role away from R&D and who enjoys following SOPs. As a Laboratory Technician, you will be working in a small team of around 6-7 people and will be responsible for:
- Driving between two sites approx. 15 miles apart – you must have a full UK driving licence and access to a car.
- Conducting a range of human tissue/sample handling work within a Grade A/B cleanroom environment.
- Complying with the Human tissue Authority (HTA) and MHRA standards at all times when in the laboratory.
- Processing and testing placental and umbilical cord tissue samples. This will include use of cryopreservation techniques.
- Testing samples using a range of laboratory equipment such as flow cytometry and immunoassays.
- Having an up to date understanding of stem cell technologies to answer customer queries.
- Maintaining laboratory stock for consumables and reagents / buffers.
- Conducting environmental monitoring.
The Candidate – Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- MUST have a full UK driving licence and access to a car (essential)
- BSc in Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Forensic Science, or related discipline (essential)
- Proven experience working in a biological laboratory (university labs are okay) (essential)
- Must be vaccinated against Hepatitis B (essential)
- Must be able to work independently in a laboratory environment and successfully solve problems (essential)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (essential)
- Must be local, or willing to relocate near to Burgess Hill (essential)
- Must be willing to undertake shift work (essential)
- Prior cleanroom working experience, ideally Grade A or Grade B (desired)
- Prior experience in Human tissue handling and knowledge of the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) (desired)
- Handling of stem cells (desired)
Being a leading service provider, our client is offering the chance to be part of a dedicated scientific organisation on a permanent basis.