Lead Scientist – Work From Home / non-lab
Location – Cheshire (Work from home)
Sector – Drug Discovery
Salary: c£60,000 DOE
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance drug discovery programmes across a range of therapeutic areas including oncology, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Discovery Team as a Lead Scientist. This is an out of lab role. If you are looking to orchestrate and lead exciting drug discovery projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for highly experienced Drug Discovery experts who hold a PhD (or Master’s) in a biologically focused discipline and significant project leading experience in Drug Discovery (DMPK, PK/PD, safety pharmacology etc).
As a Lead Scientist, you will work remotely, with a handful of monthly visits to our client’s site on Alderley Park. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing various pre-clinical drug discovery projects, including the management 3rd party CRO contracts. The role will involve significant communication with collaborators to design effective projects to push drug discovery pipelines forward, as well as communication between various internal departments.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
· A PhD or Master’s – Focused on Drug discovery i.e. pharmacology, biology.
· Recent and significant experience in managing large drug discovery projects.
· Proven experience as a leader within one of the following: PK/PD, DMPK, translational medicine, safety pharmacology.
· An understanding of various therapeutic areas would be advantageous.
· Experience in biopharmaceuticals would be advantageous.
· Excellent communication skills and a strong network.
· Previous experience of collaborating with CROs would be advantageous.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org