Lead Scientist - Biomarkers
Lead Scientist – Biomarkers
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. Based in Alderley Park, they are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their Biomarker team as a Lead Scientist. If you are looking to work on exciting pre-clinical biomarker drug discovery projects and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for highly experienced Biomarker Scientists who hold a PhD (or Master’s) in a biologically focused discipline. As a Lead Biomarker Scientist, you will be responsible for the advancement of studies to understand promising drug candidates in the molecular genomics, immunology and other sectors. The role will also include developing clinical biomarker plans and supporting junior members of the team. Although this role will involve developing and implementing strategies, there will also be a good amount of hands-on laboratory work too. This position is full-time, permanent and represents a fantastic opportunity to work in a collaborative environment on truly cutting-edge research.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s – Ideally focused around biomarkers for disease.
- Strong understanding and background of molecular genomics or immunology, including multiple publications (other disciplines will be considered).
- Significant experience in drug discovery research.
- Significant experience in running and designing of biomarker studies.
- An understanding of various therapeutic areas.
- A strong ability to problem-solve and take the lead on projects when needed.
- Previous experience of working in small-medium sized companies would be a significant advantage.
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to email@example.com