Market Segment Manager, BIoPharma
Business Development / Market Segment Manager
Location: Europe (Germany, Italy, Spain, France)
Salary: to £130K ote
Our client is a globally recognised leader in analytical chemistry with products used Worldwide in research, pharmaceuticals, chemical, environmental and related industries. The have built a strong reputation for delivering a high quality product at the forefront of applications development.
Due to expansion, they are creating a new role for a Business Development / Market Segment Manager to join the business to lead their development within the Biopharma sector. The role will be based in Central Europe (ideally Germany, France, Italy or Spain) and the successful candidate will take responsibility for opening up opportunities for the organisation within the large players within this sector. This is a key role for the organisation and they are seeking a highly experienced business developer with strong links across the biopharma sector in Europe.
Networking at the highest level within relevant biopharma organisations, the successful candidate will use the relationship and influencing skills to build collaborative partnerships with potential customers. The company has an ethos for ambition and success and they are searching for candidates who can share their vision and have the drive and determination to negotiate and deliver high value contracts for the supply of instrumentation and consumables.
This person will be responsible for defining the BioPharma market strategy in the territory. The ideal candidate should have existing relationships with key BioPharma and thought leaders that will help us focus our sales and marketing efforts. They will work with our sales teams in the various Subsidiary offices to identify customers with good potential and accelerate the adoption of company analytical chemistry products.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Grow the BioPharma business in territory
• Able to travel up to 70%
• Work with European sales teams to identify a strategy to for high potential accounts
• Develop relationships with influential customers
• Perform hands-on support to accelerate the adoption of company products
• Provide feedback to SMTs and Marketing and constantly re-define approaches and targets accordingly
• Identify key products that can be developed in partnership with customers
• Training the field sales teams on key applications to enhance effective selling
• Attend relevant conferences to present white papers, network with customers, and identify market drivers
• Strong technical background with detailed experience of LC
• Existing relationships with key decisions makers within the European BioPharma industry
• Strong communicator with that is able to give presentations and training to all levels of customers (internal and external)
• Sales oriented with a results orientated attitude to success and reward
• Excellent time management and communication skills
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor