Our client is leading Biotechnology company based in Oxfordshire who are now seeking a Materials Scientist to join their Development R&D team supporting with the development of diagnostic devices.
The successful candidate, reporting to the Senior Scientist, will support with the fabrication, characterisation and testing of chip designs which will be the key to accelerating projects from the research phase.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Working in a clean-room environment on fabrication of chip-designs
- Characterisation of materials
- Design, assembly and testing of devices
- Data interpretation and analysis
- Preparation of technical reports and documentation
Suitable applicants will be expected to have:
- A background in Physics, Materials Science, Biochemistry or Biomedical Engineering
- Experience working within a clean-room environment
- Understanding of Microfluidics and surface properties
- Experience with Microscopy and materials characterisation
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mind-set
- Educated to BSc/MSc in a relevant Physical science discipline (or equivalent industry experience)
This role suits a dynamic individual who has a clear passion for research and displays the creative and innovative abilities to make a significant contribution to the existing team.
In return, my client offers a permanent position with an attractive salary and benefits package (dependant on experience).
For additional information or to submit an application please contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org