Research Scientist + Senior Research Scientist
Location – Nottingham
Sector – Pharmacology/Pharmaceutical
Our client is an up-and-coming Pharmacology based CRO who offer bespoke research services to pharmaceutical companies looking to further their drug development programmes. Offering a range of services from biochemical and cellular assays to medium throughput screening, they are now looking for scientists to join their team. As they are in a current phase of expansion it’s a fantastic time to join their increasing client base, so if you’re a specialist in molecular pharmacology, or a recent pharmacology graduate then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
This is a role for recently graduated, or experienced, individuals with a Pharmacology/Biochemistry degree who have a passion for molecular pharmacology and a good understanding of the drug discovery and development process. As a (Senior) Research Scientist you will be responsible for the running, optimisation and development of biochemical and cell-based assays to determine affinity, kinetics etc of developing drugs. You will write up and often present your data, whilst working in a team-based environment. Due to the nature of my clients’ work, you will also collaborate alongside other companies to further their drug development programmes.
Skills and Experience Needed
Suitable Applicants will have:
- At least a 2:1 degree in Pharmacology/Biochemistry and laboratory experience within a drug discovery environment.
- Good knowledge of drug targets including enzymes, receptors etc.
- Experience of biochemical / cell-based assays to determine affinity, kinetics, etc of drug candidates.
- Experience in techniques such as: TR-FRET, BRET, radio-labelled + fluorescent ligand binding assays are a bonus.
- Previous cell culture (mammalian) is desirable.
- Experience in quantitative molecular pharmacology is advantageous.
- A strong passion for molecular pharmacology.
- A get-up-and-go attitude to their work.
- The ability to run their own projects and work with synergy in a team.
As a niche pharmacology specialist, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Charlie Cox at Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about the role then please call Charlie on 07903 204577