Location – York
Sector – Clinical Analysis – R&D
Our client is a global scientific company, offering services within clinical trials, toxicology and hematology, immunology and others. They have offices/labs based around the world, but this position is based out of the York, UK site. Due to company expansion, they are now looking for a Principal Scientist to make substantial contributions to laboratory operations and provide outstanding service to their clients. If you are looking to boost your career to the next level, this represents a great opportunity.
As a Principal Scientist you will be responsible for various areas of the Clinical Trials sector of this business, including hematology, immunology, biomarkers and flow cytometry. You will use your technical expertise in the above areas to assist junior staff in method developments and validations, whilst maintaining a client-facing aspect to support in the full project lifecycle. This will be from initial concept to technical expertise + regulatory compliance and liaising with clients where necessary. You will play an important role in providing technical expertise to help guide new business proposals.
Skills and Experience Needed
Suitable Applicants will have:
- PhD in Biomedical Science, or equivalent subject. (MSc/BSc holders will also be considered with extensive industry experience)
- Over 3 years of experience in laboratory management and line management/supervisory experience.
- Over 5 years of technical expertise within the following areas:
- Flow cytometry
- Clinical immunology / biomarkers
- Haematology / Hematology
- Extensive experience in validating new techniques, assays and methods.
- Strong understanding of GCP / GLP compliance
- Client facing experience
As a leading, global service provider, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and relocation package amongst other perks.