Principal Scientist Enzymology
Principal Scientist – Enzymology and Assay Development
Location – Nottingham
Sector – Drug Discovery – CRO
My client is a rapidly expanding contract research organisation based in the heart of Nottingham’s scientific community. They offer drug screening services for drug discovery programmes in pharmaceutical companies, research companies and universities. With expertise in assay development across a range of therapeutics targets, ranging from receptors, proton pumps, ion channel and enzymes, they are specialists in their field. With an expanding client base, they are looking to bring in an expert in Enzymology and drug screening assays at the Associate Principal / Principal Scientist level. If you are a leader in this field and are looking to continue your career or begin a new challenge in an expanding CRO, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
This is a role for individuals who have a PhD in Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related discipline and several years of either academic or industrial experience in drug discovery and assay development. As an Associate Principal / Principal Scientist, you will be responsible for the management of a small team of scientists working on bespoke drug discovery projects focused on enzyme targets (kinases, phosphatases, proteinases, peptidases etc). You will be responsible for maintaining client relationships and helping bring in and lead new projects. The work will be split 50-50 between hands-on lab work using your previous expertise and organising/running the projects.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related field and several years of industrial experience. Applicants with a Master’s degree and extensive industrial experience will also be considered.
- Several years of biochemical and cellular assay development for drug screening is essential.
- An expertise in enzymology and applications in the drug discovery sector is essential.
- Previous study lead/management experience.
- Good connections in various drug-discovery companies/research groups.
- The desire for new challenges.
Laboratory Experience needed:
Suitable applicants will have experience in developing some or all the techniques below:
- Fluorescence based ligand binding
- Radioligand binding assays
- Cellular assays
- Enzyme investigation – Activity, kinetics, binding modalities
As a specialist CRO who are pushing their expansion, they can offer a competitive salary and benefits package with the opportunity to further company growth and progress internally.
Please send a CV and cover letter to Charlie Cox at email@example.com. Alternatively, to have a chat about the position, please call Charlie on 07903 204577.