Scientist – Organic Process Chemistry
Location – Oxfordshire
Sector – Pharmaceutical
Salary - £20,000 - £30,000
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical CRO based in the heart of Oxfordshire who are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working Scientist to join their scale-up and tech transfer team. This position is open to individuals who hold a BSc/MSc in Organic Chemist who have conducted a synthetic organic research project at university. It is also open to individuals who have industry experience within organic chemistry / process chemistry for organic processes.
This is a position for individuals who have recently graduated, or those with a couple of years’ industry experience as a synthetic organic chemist. As a Scientist, you will be responsible for developing robust and scalable synthetic routes for small organic molecule APIs. This will be on the gram to hundreds of gram scale. Job responsibilities include:
- Designing and scaling robust multi-step synthetic procedures for API development, up to the hundred gram scale.
- Helping transfer processes from the lab to pilot plant.
- Liaising with internal and external customers to ensure projects are moving as expected.
- Adhering to GMP and internal working standards with correct documentation of work.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- BSc or MSc in Chemistry focused on organic synthesis and scale-up to multi-gram scale.
- Process development experience within batch production is desirable.
- An understanding of various reaction types, multi-step synthesis and route design.
- Strong experience of using column chromatography, recrystallisation and other purification techniques.
- Strong NMR, Mass Spectrometry and other analytical/characterisation tools.
- Brilliant problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst understanding the underlying chemistry.
- Knowledge of GMP would be a bonus.
Being a leading pharmaceutical CRO, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a salary of £20,000 and upwards.
Please contact Charlie Cox on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07903 204577