Our client is leading Biotechnology company based in Oxfordshire who are now seeking an experienced Protein Biochemist to support with the development and production of high quality proteins to support the company’s offering
Working within the Development team, the Protein Biochemist will be expected to work autonomously within the laboratory and use their technical expertise to offer support with production and characterisation of proteins.
Key responsibilities will include;
· Use of AKTA systems for protein purification including size exclusion, ion exchange and affinity chromatography.
· Support with protein expression and protein characterisation (SDS Page, Biochemical assays)
· Chemical modification of proteins
· Protein stability studies
Suitable applicants will be expected to have:
- Extensive experience with expression, characterisation and purification of recombinant proteins
- Experience of protein engineering by rational design
- Good knowledge of protein analysis methods and chemical modification.
- Experience working with AKTA systems
- Ideally educated to BSc or MSc within a related discipline (i.e. Biocehmistry, Chemical Biology, Molecular Biology) with experience in protein biochemistry preferable gained within an industry research team
This role suits a dynamic individual who has a clear passion for research and displays the creative and innovative abilities to make a significant contribution to the existing team.
In return, my client offers a permanent position with an attractive salary and benefits package (dependant on experience).
For additional information or to submit an application please contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com