Location – Bury St Edmunds
Sector – Food & Beverage
Our client is a specialist flavours and fragrance company that focus on the development, manufacture and supply of flavour and fragrance ingredients. Based in Bury St Edmunds, they are an innovative company who are now looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic Quality Analyst to join their team on a full-time and permanent basis. Whether you are a strong analytical chemist graduate, or you are an analytical chemist looking to switch to the flavour and fragrance industry, this represents a great opportunity to further your career.
This is a role for individuals who have recently graduated in a subject related to analytical chemistry, or those who have previous experience in an analytical testing facility. As a Quality Analyst, you will be responsible for sample preparation and subsequent analysis on raw materials and incoming goods using various analytical chemistry techniques including GC, LC, UV-VIS etc. You will be required to maintain high safety standards whilst maintaining a clean and safe working environment and following SOPs. You will learn to write SOPs and quality control procedures too.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Suitable Applicants will have:
- A degree in Analytical Chemistry, Forensic Science or other relevant field.
- A strong passion for the food, flavour and fragrance industry.
- Strong technical understanding of various analytical techniques including: GC-MS, LC-MS, UV-VIS etc.
- The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- A get-up and go attitude to work, with the ability to suggest new ideas and desire to progress their career.
- Previous experience in the flavours and fragrance industry is desired, but not essential.
As an industry leader, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.
Please send a copy of your CV to Charlie Cox via their email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to find out more about the position, call Charlie on 07903 204577