Research and Development Scientist
Location: East Anglia
Sector: Food, Flavour and Fragrance / chemical
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000
Our client is a specialist flavours and fragrance company that focus on the development, manufacture and supply of flavour and fragrance ingredients. Based in Bury St Edmunds, they are an innovative company who are now looking for an experienced and hard-working R&D Scientist to join their team on a full-time and permanent basis. If you are a chemist with a strong ability to solve technical problems and strong analytical chemistry experience and are looking for your next career move, then this could be the opportunity for you.
This is a position for someone looking to get into Chemistry R&D who holds a BSc or MSc in Chemistry, or someone who has previous experience in a R&D / problem solving role within the scientific sector. This is a role where no two days are the same. As a Research & Development Scientist you will be responsible for working on a wide-range of projects to help support existing flavour and fragrance clients. You will be responsible for taking existing products and processes and making them more efficient / profitable by looking at the possibility to reclaim revenue from waste streams, reducing steps in processes, or designing new technology to streamline processes.
Skills and Experience Needed:
The suitable applicant will have:
· BSc or MSc in Chemistry with proven ability to technically innovate and problem solve.
· Proven experience in developing processes (this could be through a project at university, or in industry).
· An ability to bring new analytical innovations into the laboratory space.
· GLP understanding.
· Experience of GC-MS, Headspace, GC-FID would be highly advantageous.
· Previous experience within the flavour and fragrance, or chemical, sector would be greatly advantageous, but is not essential.
· COSHH assessment experience would be advantageous, but is not essential.
· Brilliant communication skills and a drive to push a business forward.
As an industry leader, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.
If you would like to learn more about this position, or to submit an application, please contact Charlie Cox on email@example.com, or 07903 204577.