£21,000 - £26,000
Initial 12-Month Fixed Term Contract
This role is an opportunity to join a speciality electrochemistry-based company in their expanding R&D team and work on a range of exciting projects. You will be working with the R&D team to help in the development of ground breaking technology and will be providing support for product and process development.
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Research Scientist to join the R&D team working on the early-stage design of research projects for the development of exciting innovative technologies. As a Research Scientist, you will be working with pilot scale test rigs to set up processes for the development of technologies for various applications including metal extractions from waste materials.
· Using various analytical techniques for metal analysis ie ICP, GCMS, HPLC etc
· Build relationships with clients
· Offer technical support in the development of commercial technologies
· Prepare technical reports
· Set-up and develop laboratory-based experiments
· Candidate must have substantial experience working on a pilot plant scale with pilot scale rigs, jacketed vessels etc
· It is essential that the candidate has previous experience working in a role developing innovative technologies with a materials/inorganic chemistry focus
· A good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry with a specialisation in materials or inorganic chemistry
· Experience using analytical instrumentation (ICP, ICP-MS, ICP-OES) for metal analysis would be advantageous
· Experience working with GCMS, HPLC, UV-Vis