Sales Team Leader, Life Sciences
Sales Team Leader / Senior Sales Executive - Life Science
Territory: South UK (greater London location preferred)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-known, reputable life-science company who are world leaders in what they do. They mainly supply Life Science Research tools to the academia and research sector globally.
They are now looking for a Senior Sales Executive to be based at their head office in London, to focus on their customers in London and the south region. This is a customer facing position and will involve approx. 4 days in the filed with 1 day office based. A typical interaction with a prospect customer would be to understand their research and their requirements around it and then to introduce to them the relevant products that the company can provide. On occasion, you may have to travel to other territories.
Role Key Objectives:
- Playing an important part in ensuring the overall sales target is met each financial year
- Retaining and growing existing accounts and relationships and to develop new relationships which will result in new business
- Develop an understanding of the territory and target the key accounts
- Ensuring excellent communication with clients via telephone, email and face to face visits.
- Going forward this role may develop into a more managerial position, this will involve the supervision of junior members within the sales team
- Assist and attend where necessary any relevant industry conferences and exhibitions
- Good time management – Ensuring tasks are completed within the expected time frame
- Good product knowledge – Knowing what separates the company’s products from its competitors and informing the customers of these advantages
- Closing of sales opportunities and working within the company’s ethos and culture
- Previous field sales experience involving life science products, preferably 3 years plus
- BSc, MSc OR PhD in a life science related subject
- Full UK driver’s licence
- To be based in or near London
For additional information please contact Richard Taylor
Tel: 0161 300 9326