Scientific Facilities Manager
Scientific Facilities Manager (6 month FTC)
Location – Macclesfield
Sector - Sector – Drug Discovery and Testing
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 pa equivalent
Our client is one of many at the forefront of testing services for the Government Covid-19 response. This laboratory has been set up to rapidly increase Covid-19 testing within the UK and is based on the Alderley Edge site in Cheshire. The site is growing, with the aim of providing a place to process and test tens of thousands of samples per day. With continuing scale increase, they are looking to bring on board a Scientific Facilities Manager on an approximate 6 month fixed term contract, starting immediately, and ending in February 2021.
As the Scientific Facilities Manager, you will be overseeing a rapidly changing laboratory and surrounding facilities for use in Covid-19 testing (10,000 ft2). You will work closely with the Senior Management Team and with scientist teams to ensure the facility runs smoothly and to improve efficiencies in a range of areas. You will commission and oversee a range of short and long term projects within the laboratory facilities .A few projects you will tackle initially include: organising access control into the facility; ensuring health and safety procedures are implemented (IOSH / NEBOSH); organising safety tours and training; overseeing equipment maintenance agreements; overseeing landlord relationships/contracts.
Skills and Experience Needed
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Previous experience within the life sciences sector and a BSc, MSc or PhD in a biological/scientific sector (this is essential).
- Several years of experience in managing a scientific facility. This is essential.
- Strong understanding of workplace / laboratory health and safety. IOSH / NEBOSH qualifications are ideal.
- Proven experience in managing contracts relating to laboratory equipment maintenance.
- An ability to form strong working relationships and have an approachable personality.
- An ability to work under pressure and in an ever-changing environment.
- Proven organisational skills.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 pa dependent on experience. This role offers the chance to fight Covid-19 in a role that is pivotal to the UK’s future plan.