Scientific Partnership Manager (AMR)
Scientific Partnership Manager
Location – Cheshire
Sector – Drug Discovery
Salary – Up to c£48,000 depending on experience
Contact – Full Time and Permanent opportunity
Hybrid – Hybrid options are available.
Our client is a leading company, offering research services to the Drug Discovery sector. They collaborate with lead researchers and organisations to enhance the understanding of immunological, oncological, neurological and other disease areas. They are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their strategy and partnerships team as a Scientific Partner Manager within anti-microbial resistance (AMR). If you have built an extensive career in antibacterial / antimicrobial resistance research and are looking to manage exciting multi-organisation collaborations and want to further your career, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
This is a role for highly experienced Scientists (wet lab, or out of lab) who hold a PhD (or Master’s) in a biologically or medicinal chemistry focused discipline, with post-doctoral or additional industrial experience in drug discovery, ideally AMR or infectious disease. As a Scientific Partnership Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Setting up and managing multi-organisational research collaborations aimed to fight AMR. This will include diagnostics, drug discovery and novel approaches to treating AMR using a range of in-house laboratory capabilities and external partners.
- Engaging with current and prospective collaborators from academia, industry, research institutes and medical charities.
- Managing partner relationships and acting as a point of contact for programme initiatives.
- Organising and leading public and collaborator engagement events to promote AMR initiatives.
- Acting as the sole point of contact for areas of initiatives including: funding, governance, engagement events, collaborations, strategy development.
- Identifying new opportunities for research collaborations within the AMR space that will have high, positive impact on human health.
- Work closely with technical laboratory teams to plan the best approach to research.
Skills and Experience Needed:
Suitable applicants will have:
- A PhD or Master’s within a biological or medical chemistry setting (essential)
- Industry experience within the drug / medicines discovery sector (essential), ideally within AMR (desired)
- Must have strong understanding within one or more of the following areas: infectious disease, AMR, neuroscience, oncology, complex medicines (bacteriophage treatments, cell/gene therapy, antibody therapies etc) or ageing. (essential)
- Proven experience in managing or leading complex research projects comprised of multiple organisations (essential)
- Proven ability to build cohesive relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority and technical capability (essential)
- Ability to influence decision makers across various organisation types (charity, academia, industry, pharma) (essential)
- Must be proactive and confident to take a lead on projects as a self-starter, being able to problem solve independently (essential)
- Experience working with CRO’s or outsourced partners (beneficial)
- Grant funding application writing experience (beneficial)
- Experience in delivering webinars or workshops (beneficial)
- Must have long-term right to work in the UK, visa sponsorship is not available (essential)
Being a leading collaborative drug discovery company, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application for this position, please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577, or send an email to email@example.com