Scientific Recruitment Consultant
Scientific Recruitment Consultant - Oxfordshire
Location - Milton Park - Abingdon
Salary - Competitive base salary with lucrative bonus scheme
Contract - Full-time and permanent opportunity
This is an office-based role suited to individuals with a BSc or Master’s in a scientific subject who are interested in pursuing a career outside of the laboratory. This represents an opportunity to begin a commercially focused role whilst utilising your scientific skills gained at university. Applicants are not required to have previous recruitment experience.
This is a full-time and permanent opportunity for an individual looking to combine their interest in Science with a career in a commercial, target-driven environment. The role of a Recruitment Consultant is a position that rewards resilience, drive and scientific understanding with a large earning potential and job satisfaction. You will grow your desk, supporting on both the candidate and client side of the business. As a Recruitment Consultant, you will:
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with existing clients and candidates through regular contact.
- Be responsible for establishing new clients within the scientific sector through networking and planning strategic calls.
- Offer support to your clients throughout the entire hiring process (presenting candidates, organising interviews, extending offers).
- Search and contact potential candidates to successfully find them new employment.
- Track the latest news in the life-sciences sector to see the movers and shakers.
- Support on larger recruitment projects with colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A BSc in Science (or equivalent scientific experience) (essential)
- Be fluent in English and will have excellent communication skills in person, email and over the phone (essential)
- A drive to financially succeed in a fast-paced sector (essential)
- Self-satisfaction from growing a business portfolio (essential)
- Previous commercial experience in a sales or customer-focused role (beneficial)
- Previous experience working in a target-driven environment (beneficial)
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and a lucrative bonus scheme that will reward hard work and success. You will be provided full training for this opportunity.
Taylorollinson are a niche scientific recruitment organisation with offices in key Scientific locations within Manchester and Oxfordshire. Following years of strong growth and establishing ourselves in key markets, we now have an opportunity for a Recruitment Consultant to join our Oxfordshire team. The successful candidate will work with a broad range of scientists and organisations throughout the UK, providing recruitment solutions within the Life Sciences market.
Some of our core values:
We trust our consultants to develop the correct strategy for their recruitment desk. Tried and tested methods are great, but that doesn’t mean they cannot be improved – new ideas are encouraged.
As a consultancy, we are a mixture of both natural and learned problem solvers. We help and encourage our consultants to think around challenges. Our clients rely on us to break barriers in recruitment.
Quality over Quantity
Taylorollinson was founded to step away from the traditional volume and KPI* driven models of recruitment - your bonus will not be based on hitting a KPI. Negative opinions of recruiters by life-science companies often stem from a high volume of irrelevant CVs – we specialise in finding the “right” person, not just “a” person.
Succeed or Learn
It should be obvious that we value Success in the office – our consultants strive for this; be that obtaining a new client, forging a valuable connection or making a heap of placements.
Success and learning come hand-in-hand. Continued success comes from learning from our experiences - our teams openly engage in discussions to understand the learning points from these experiences.