Senior Analyst Wine and Spirits
Division – Wine and Spirits
Location – Surrey
Sector – Chemistry
Salary - £30,000 – £40,000
Full-time, permanent role
Our client is a leading provider of scientific services to the food and drink industry based in Redhill, who are offering an opportunity based in both the laboratory and the office in their wine and spirits department. This position is a great opportunity for an individual with prior experience in food/beverage analysis looking to progress their career into a senior role. Specifically, this role is well suited to someone with at least 5 years of experience working in a laboratory undertaking analytical chemistry work in the food and beverage industry.
The is a position suitable for individuals with considerable experience working in a laboratory carrying out analytical chemistry in a food/beverage laboratory environment. You will also need to have achieved a BSc, MSc, MChem, or equivalent in a relevant field.
As a senior analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
· Carrying out supervision duties across the wine & spirits group, including client contact, developing new and existing techniques, training staff, and creating reports,
· Undertaking analysis of wine & spirit products using instrumental methods, notably HPLC and GC,
· General management responsibilities, including managing people, activities, finances, and resources,
· Calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment,
· Ensuring all policies and procedures are followed at all times.
Skills and Experience Needed
An ideal candidate will have:
· Significant experience in ISO17025 laboratory environment, 5 years of which in chemical analysis (ideally of foods and beverages, however other industries may be considered),
· A BSc, MSc, MChem, or equivalent in analytical science, or a similar field,
· Expertise in analytical chemistry techniques, specifically, high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and GC (Gas Chromatography), including the operation and maintenance of the relevant equipment,
· Proficiency with wet chemistry techniques, including titration and distillation,
· Skills related to data interpretation, and compiling your results into a report,
· People management experience, including training junior staff,
· The ability to undertake business development with new and existing customers.
Our client is offering this opportunity on a full-time, permanent basis. The salary offered is between £30,000 and £40,000 (experience dependant), with a competitive benefits package.
For additional information or to submit an application, please contact Sam Coxon on 07789 695548 or email your CV to email@example.com