Senior Analytical Chemist
Technical Specialist: Analytical Chemistry
Location: East Anglia
Sector: Food, Flavour and Fragrance
Our client is a specialist flavours and fragrance company that focus on the development, manufacture and supply of flavour and fragrance ingredients. Based in Bury St Edmunds, they are an innovative company who are now looking for an experienced and hard-working Analytical Specialist to join their team on a full-time and permanent basis. Whether you are a strong analytical chemist looking to get involved in training of junior staff, or you already have strong experience in the flavour and fragrance sector and are looking for your next career move, then this could be the opportunity for you.
This is a position for a senior individual, with extensive experience in analytical chemistry, gained through previous industry experience. As a Technical Specialist in Analytical Chemistry you will be responsible for method development and validation of a range of techniques including GC couple to single and tandem mass spectrometers, LC and various types of spectroscopy. You will be responsible for the training of analysts on various analytical chemistry techniques and help with the smooth running of the laboratories.
Skills and Experience Needed:
The suitable applicant will have:
- Significant industry experience in analytical chemistry techniques (GC-MS, LC-MS, Spectroscopy).
- Proven method development and validation experience in industry.
- Previous SOP writing and review experience.
- Previous experience within the flavour and fragrance, or chemical, sector would be greatly advantageous.
- Previous experience in staff training would be a bonus, but not essential.
- Brilliant communication skills and a drive to push a business forward.
As an industry leader, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.
If you would like to learn more about this position, or to submit an application, please contact Charlie Cox on email@example.com, or 07903 204577.