Senior Cell Biologist
Senior Cell Biologist
Location – Nottingham
Sector – Pharmacology / Drug Discovery
Salary – c£28,000-£40,000
Our client is an up-and-coming Pharmacology based CRO who offer bespoke research services to pharmaceutical companies looking to further their drug development programmes. Offering a range of services including high-throughput biochemical and cellular assay development, they are now looking for a Senior Cell Biologist to join their team to develop and run proliferation / cytotoxicity / viability assays / cytokine release assays to support drug screening programmes. As they are in a current phase of expansion it’s a fantastic time to join their increasing success, so if you’re a specialist in cell biology and have experience in cellular assay development within the drug discovery setting, then this could be the role for you.
This position is suitable for PhD/Post-doc and MSc/BSc holders who have significant experience in running of cellular assays assessing potential new drugs. Industry experience and or post-doc experience is a must have. As a Senior Cell Biologist, you will be responsible for running and developing various proliferation, cytotoxicity, viability and cytokine release assays to support with drug screening programmes for various clients. You will direct research, write up reports and get the chance to make a difference in an expanding organisation.
Skills and Experience Needed
Essential skills/experience needed:
- PhD, ideally in a drug discovery related setting. MSc and BSc holders will be considered if they have significant experience of developing cell-based assays.
- Experience working on drug-discovery projects and a strong understanding of how cell-based assays are used in drug screening.
- Strong understanding of cell-signalling/cascades.
- Running of at least 2 of the following plate reader assays:
- Cell viability (MTT, ATP etc) assays
- Cell proliferation assays
- Cytokine release assays
- Cytotoxicity assays
- Reporter gene assays
Desired, but not essential skills and experience needed:
- Background in immuno-oncology
- 3D Cell culture experience/expertise
- Flow cytometry experience in a drug screening setting
As a niche pharmacology specialist, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis with a competitive salary and benefits package. They are able to offer support throughout your career and help with internal progression.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Charlie Cox at Charlie.email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about the role then please call Charlie on 07903 204577