Senior Pilot Chemist
Senior Process Chemist – Day Shift
Location – Oxfordshire
Sector – Pharmaceutical
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company based in the heart of Oxfordshire who are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working Senior Process Chemist to join their scale-up and manufacturing team. This position is open to candidates who have recently completed a Process Chemistry PhD or those who have previous pharmaceutical process chemistry experience of batch production.
This role is a shift based positions – 12 hour day shifts in a pattern of 4 days working and 4 days off
This is a position for individuals who have some existing batch production Process Chemistry experience, or a PhD related to process chemistry. As a Senior Process Chemist, you will be responsible for the smooth transition of API manufacture from the scale-up team to the pilot plant. Responsibilities include:
- · Scaling up synthetic organic routes to make APIs on hundred Kg scale in batch (not continuous flow).
- · Problem solving various production issues and ensuring scale-up procedures will work on pilot-plant level.
- · Reviewing batch production instructions.
- · Leading projects in the even of a failure to ensure to ensure problems are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
You will need the following:
- · Master’s or PhD in Chemistry
- · Production experience or process development experience within batch production is essential.
- · Brilliant problem solving skills.
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst understanding the underlying chemistry.
- · Knowledge of GMP
- · The ability to effectively manage time.
Being a leading pharmaceutical CRO, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and generous shift allowance.
For additional information or to submit an application please contact Charlie Cox on 07903 204577 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org